Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baked Chicken Nuggets



One of any mom's challenge is what to feed our kids. I am lucky to have kids who will eat almost anything I put on the table. Yet I still ran out of ideas on what to feed them. I have to admit, I am sometimes guilty of feeding them with chicken nuggets from a fast food chain. Well, they never say "no" to chicken nuggets.

So I thought, how would I make it homemade and a little bit healthier? I used chicken breast on this recipe and baked them. The only not so healthy part is the little butter I used. You can use eggs to substitute the butter.

I hope your little ones will love this.

INGREDIENTS

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into nugget size pieces
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 Tbs dried basil (or Italian seasoning)
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
olive oil

1. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
2. Meanwhile, mix parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Dip chicken nuggets in butter and then coat them with bread crumbs mixture.
3. Place coated chicken nuggets in a single layer on the greased baking sheet.
4. Drizzle some olive oil over the chicken nuggets.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Enjoy!

TIP : You can make a big batch, place in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze them. When you need them, just heat them (yes no thawing needed) in a preheated 375 deg F oven (I use my toaster oven most of the time) for 12 to 15 minutes. It'll be as good as when they were freshly baked.



No comments:

Post a Comment